Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Culture From Something Other Than Yogurt

Lili has taken some big steps out in the world this weekend! On Friday she went with George and me to the cinema for the first time in her life. We thoroughly enjoyed our outing with vampires and werewolves while Lili tuned it all out and had a nice, long nap. Then last night, all four of us Carson girls went to see our lone Carson dude on stage in the charming seasonal comedy, My Three Angels. We all enjoyed our night out (although Sophie is a complete grizzly bear today since we didn't get home until after 11 pm). We were very proud of George who seemed to be having the time of his life up on stage again.


During the show our little Nosy Parker was bright as a button the entire time. Any time she threatened to kick up a fuss, I quickly shoved her up my blouse where she seemed to be perfectly happy. Everyone complimented her afterwards on her excellent behavior. (The other two girls were well-mannered little ladies too, by the way.) Keeping Miss Lili-pie content throughout the entire show was not a completely easy feat, so I wasn't able to take any photographs during the show. I was, however, very able to take a picture of the fantastic cake that George made for the after-show party....


This is "Adolphe the snake," who played a very important role in the show even though he was never actually seen by the audience. Is it wrong that I am more impressed with George's baking than his acting?? I am now wondering why I am always the one who makes our kids' birthday cakes. He is brilliant!!



Our adopted family, the Collinses, also joined us in the audience last night. I really try not to be jealous of the fact that our baby, to whom I devote nearly all of my energy, seems to love the Collinses more than she loves me. Who can blame her, I suppose? They are downright fantastic. Anytime we are in the presence of Michael or Sonia, Lili cannot take her eyes off of them! Michael concludes that she has exquisite taste at a very young age.

And now... we are taking a breather. There are no play rehearsals or any other commitments today. The Christmas decorations are bound to make their way down from the attic soon enough, but for now, we are just enjoying a few moments of peace. Here's wishing you some peaceful moments of your own before the start of a new week...

No comments: