Saturday, November 21, 2009

Early Thanksgiving Again!

We are celebrating Thanksgiving early again this year. As I type I am feeding Lili her appetizer. Our guests are expected in half an hour, and, as usual, George has just gone upstairs to get a shower.

Thanksgiving is a pretty exciting day. This morning Sophie bounded into my bedroom (where I was feeding Lili her early breakfast), and gave me a card she had made. The front said: To Mom, Happy Thanksgiving. Inside was a picture of Lili, and she had written, "Thank you for making this baby." I think we are all feeling especially thankful for Lili this year and for the fact that I am recovering well from all of my drama!

Once again this year our Thanksgiving celebration has coincided with the Radyr Parish's Christmas Fayre, so I took ALL of the girls over to the church this morning for some "fun and fellowship." Lili slept through the entire affair in my front carrier. Emma & Sophie had their faces painted to look like Snow Queens...


Above... This was my view of Lili all morning.

I was also happy to run into the ever-fabulous Sonia and to look human enough myself to pose for a photograph with her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing better! I miss you and I hope your thanksgiving feast is full of fun!