Friday, November 13, 2009

Sophie's Magic Fingers

It figures that the first week I am well enough to get out of the house a bit, the Welsh weather returns. The majority of this week has been cold, very rainy and windy. Yes, I am complaining and grouchy. I am sore and awkward and have been hauling a screaming baby in and out of the car in rubbish weather for the last two days... and I don't like it. Lili has also been a very unhappy bunny these last few days...which brings me to the topic of Sophie's magic fingers as pictured below....




Sophie, of course, is the one who decided that her own fingers were magical, and she is convinced that they can stop any baby from crying. The magic fingers do seem to work temporarily, and honestly even few seconds of respite from screaming and crying is always welcome. Oh, how I admire that Sophie-confidence and wish I had some magical body parts myself these days!!

What I do have is a wound that is healing very well according to the district nurses who visit me each day. They seem to always be very pleased with my progress. The wound that started out at 3+ cm depth now is only about 1 cm deep, so this is encouraging. I know I should be thrilled, but I am growing quite weary of it all. I am just so ready to be normal and out of discomfort. I know I will get there one day, and for that I am genuinely grateful.

In other news... apparently Lili has not changed her feelings about bath time...

I didn't even know that Sophie had taken the above picture of Lili getting out of the bath earlier this week. She obviously didn't enjoy her bath even though I used the most gorgeous-smelling shampoo on her in hopes of washing all of the red and silver glitter out of her hair. (This is what you get when you have two older sisters. I have had a glittery disco-baby all week!) Actually the expression captured in the photo above sums up the mood Lili has been in for the last few days... pretty dismal. What gives, Lil? I think we all need some sunshine!
Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

No comments: