Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Success


Emma's birthday has come and gone, and everyone has survived the turning of seven. Mark my words, let the record show...I will never have 13 seven year olds without their parents in my house again. It was a bit chaotic to say the least. The majority of the party games got thrown out the window. Thank heavens the sun came out and we could thrust them all out into the garden at intervals. Whew! Most importantly, Emma appears to have had a lovely time.
Instead of asking for presents, she requested that her friends bring donations for charity, and she was able to raise over 50 pounds which will be sent to Oxfam. We are proud of our first born. She is certainly a star.
Now I've just realized we will have another kid's birthday this year!! This one, however, will not require party games and fairy cakes...although if you feel compelled to send me cake, by all means, do so. And as I have been feeling more and more nudges and flutters, it is starting to feel more and more real. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. The further along I get, the more confident I feel, but prayers have never hurt me, so keep them coming.

No comments: