Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Update

Yesterday I went in to the ante-natal clinic where I met with a consultant, not MY consultant, mind you, but a nice consultant nevertheless. It was actually the same consultant I saw the first time I went into the ward panicked about the contractions I was having, so she remembered me and my drama. (At this point, I am starting to wonder if I will ever actually get to meet "my consultant," or if this even matters at all. Did I mention there's no place like home?)

I brought in my previous maternity records which she seemed only mildly interested in, but she did listen and agreed that perhaps I should be monitored more closely. Eureka! So I will be going in again on Friday for a scan of my cervix. I am very hopeful that the scan will reveal that all is closed tight and that there is no need for concern. Then I plan to heave a great sigh of relief and relax a bit more... or even stop relaxing SO much! That is my plan. Whatever the case, I am happy that a British medical professional has agreed that I might need a little extra monitoring due to my medical history, and this feels big.

I will report back if there is any further news. Thanks to everyone at home and abroad who has been praying for me and making me feel so cared for!

No comments: