Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh, My Achin' Everything!

Ok, so I am realizing the third time around that this pregnancy stuff ain't for sissies. My body seems to be punishing me a little more this time around... even though the essential pregnant parts are behaving themselves unlike in the past. I won't list all of the things that ache, but suffice it to say, I am feeling spent and huge...and still technically have almost nine weeks to go.

I have been really glad that the girls have a few days of Sports Camp this week so that they are able to go off and spend a few hours with coaches who are much more energetic and enthusiastic than their mom. They came home last night and said they needed to be dressed as super heroes today...so our rummage through the dress-up box basically resulted in the two of them trading recycled Halloween costumes. Sophie is calling herself "Bat Girl," and yes, Bat Girl CAN fly. This talent was demonstrated many times this morning. Emma donned some of Sophie's pirate gear, and Sophie repeatedly called her "Captain Fruity Pants," much to Emma's dismay.

Captain Emma Pants and Bat Girl Sophia
Yesterday at camp Emma lost another tooth! Unfortunately she accidentally dropped it in the toilet when she was trying to wrap it up in tissue to bring home. Never mind though... she left a very sweet letter under her pillow for the "Tooth Firey," who left her money anyway. All is well that ends well.
I have noticed when we get in the car this week, both Emma and Sophie take an extra minute to buckle in their invisible babies, Lucille and Tyrone, before we take off. (I'm sure you can guess which baby belongs to which child.) They are getting very excited about having a new baby come to live at our house. Even Sophie has finally been able to feel kicks and hiccups through my tummy now. Both girls continue to have chats with the baby, whom they call Elora, on a regular basis. I, still, am unsure about her name. Everyone else at our house seems to be sold on 'Elora,' but I just don't think I'll know for certain until I meet her. There are some names that I have repeated to myself over and over, to the point that they now sound completely odd to me. Too much thinking. I am convinced that it will all become clear when we finally meet face to face. Now, I'm getting excited!

3 comments:

David Carson said...

Elora, eh? Have they been watching Willow?

mamacarson said...

Yes, they are obsessed with Willow. :) (Could be worse.)

JaclynJohnson said...

I am going with the whole "face to face meeting" thing too with naming this baby.....such a commitment! :-) But its driving the grandparents nuts!