Saturday, August 15, 2009

Quiet Week

The kids have been home all week again, and it has affected my blog. We have had a very pleasant week, and I feel very fortunate that my girls are so adept at entertaining themselves. We have had a few little outings here and there, but nothing to write home about. On a typical day at home, Sophie at Emma settle themselves down at the dining room table with paper, scissors, glue, tape and coloring implements, and they are happy for hours.

My friend Shay directed me to a fabulous website called The Toymaker, which is right up my kids' alley. This week they have enjoyed making paper dolls, puppets and houses that we've printed off the web. Check it out if you know any crafty little kids who might be interested.

Emma and Sophie have also spent the week obsessing about and planning for their Dad's birthday, which is next Thursday. These little girls LOVE their Dad. I can only imagine how well he will be looked after as he and they get older. This week they have been making cards, banners, and Hama bead likenesses of George, and they have even written a song in his honor. Thursday will undoubtedly be like a national holiday at our house.

More updates on George's birthday as the day draws closer... I am now being summoned to Costco...so perhaps this week WILL hold some excitement!

No comments: